Empowering our Community Through Caring
The VHA formed a Foundation Committee in March 2022 with a mission to distribute philanthropic support to organizations and programs that benefit residents of The Villages and Lake, Marion and Sumter counties.
In the first quarter of 2023, the VHA Foundation has distributed support to:
- Our Moment Café: A respite program for caregivers and their loved ones with dementia.
- Tutors for Kids: Funding to supply books to volunteers working on reading, writing and math skills with school children in Lake, Marion and Sumter counties.
- Angel Wigs of Hope: A resource for women with cancer.
- New Horizons Service Dogs: Sponsoring the training and placement of a service dog to a wheelchair-bound Villages resident.
Every donation to The VHA Foundation, no matter the size, will make a difference on your behalf in supporting worthy organizations whose missions benefit residents of The Villages and its surrounding areas
In the past year, The VHA Foundation distributed $29,000 in grants to organizations in and around The Villages, Florida and to Hurricane Ian disaster relief organizations operating in southwest Florida. Locally, funds were distributed to Shared Harvest Gardens, the Girl Scouts Silver Trefoil Groups for their Book and Pajama Program, TLC Services, Hope Lutheran Lake Weir Food Pantry, UF Health The Villages Hospital Auxiliary Foundation, Operation Homebound of North Lake Presbyterian Church, Operation Shoebox, and the Habitat for Humanity Villages Club.
Approximately $13,000 alone was collected from our members for Hurricane Ian Relief, and granted to Florida organizations addressing food and water distribution, housing, disaster relief, and animal welfare to areas in southwest Florida.
To donate to The VHA Foundation:
- Go to thevha.netand select the Donate tab on the top banner.
- Select The VHAin the drop-down menu.
- Complete and submit the online giving form.
- Or, send your check, made out to: The VHA Foundation, 1104 Main Street, Lady Lake, FL 32159-7706.
- For questions, contact Peggy Fiore, Chair of the VHA Foundation, at email@example.com