VHA PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE
The VHA had plenty of activities and educational programs in the Month of April. Leaders, Area Vice Presidents and neighborhood representatives organized and brought programs to The Villages residents in the following ways:
- Residents from the Historic Side of the Villages have shared their ideas on the Paradise Recreation Center Remodeling with District Government.
- The quarterly Town Hall meeting had questions asked of our partners that were concerns of our residents and are answered in this issue of The Voice
- North and Far South Areas had the Villages Government present “Where Does Your Money Go”. (Go to www.districtgov.org and look for the info below on the home page to view the presentation on-line)
- Chief Cain of Villages Public Safety gave a report on The Villages Independent Fire Control and Rescue District.
- US Congressman Daniel Webster spoke at our general meeting and covered issues facing Florida and the U.S.
- The City of Wildwood Mayor and City Manager spoke about the city government, where taxes go, and current/future projects.
- The VHA Foundation Committee met and discussed ideas on helping charities within The Villages.
- The VHA Helping Hands program continues to offer durable medical equipment on a free loan basis to meet your emergency needs. Locate the information on our website thevha.net .
- VHA Bingo is up and running! For the next seven months Bingo is scheduled at various recreation centers from LaHacienda in the north to Ezell in the Far South.
- Keep watching future issues of The Voice for other upcoming just-for-fun events.
The VHA also strives to bring you up-to-date information on important issues. In November you will have the opportunity to cast your vote for the Independent Special Fire Control District. The new Fire District will offer transparency and oversight by a governing board of Villages residents. VOTE YES.
The VHA’s Evening with the Developer Night is scheduled for May 18th at 7:00 p.m. at the Sharon Morse Performing Arts Center in Spanish Springs. This popular event is for VHA Members only. Free tickets are available as of May 4 at Entertainment Box Offices ONLY by showing your VHA membership card. Limit 2 tickets per member household. The Sharon only holds 1000 people and tickets will go very fast. See you there.
Phil Walker, VHA President