The Villages Voice - August 2020NOTE: Adobe PDF Reader is required in order to view the complete Village Voice. If you do not have Adobe PDF reader installed, please download it at www.adobe.com. This is a free download.
Click on the image to the left to view this issue.
SHINE - Elder Options
Who We AreSHINE (Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders) is a free program offered by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs and your local Area Agency on Aging. Specially trained volunteers can assist you with your Medicare, Medicaid, and health insurance questions by providing one-on-one counseling and information. SHINE services are free, unbiased, and confidential. Our Mission The SHINE program supports the Florida Department of Elder Affairs’ mission by providing free and unbiased health insurance counseling through a dedicated network of volunteers, empowering Florida seniors to make informed health care choices. CALL OUR ELDER HELPLINE AT 1-800-963-5337 Our counseling sites are closed until further notice due to the virus. We are still here to help you with your questions. We offer:
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE BY GOING TO: www.floridashine.org
- Free unbiased Medicare information and counseling by trained SHINE volunteers.
- Help with part “D”, supplements, employer plans, and information on financial help paying for prescription drugs and Medicare Premium Part “B”.
- Going on Medicare, or, on Medicare and relocating. Let us help you make an easy transition.
- SMP (Senior Medicare Patrol) will help with concerns of fraud, etc. We are your representatives and here to help you.
- Virtual Medicare classes provided in the comfort of your own home. You must register for these classes.