I hope that everyone enjoyed the holiday activities in the last few weeks of 2021. Now I get to say Happy New Year!! As we usher in 2022, I wish you all a healthy and enjoyable new year.
The VHA has many programs planned for you in 2022. Some are familiar ones being presented at new locations. Watch for exact details in The Voice, on the back page and in the current “Upcoming Events” section. Highlights for 2022 include:
- Bingo will now be featured nine times throughout the year.
- Golf Cart Safety clinic, held the 3rd Wednesday of each month, will now be located in recreation centers in the North, Central and South of SR 44 areas.
- New Resident Night, 2nd Tuesday of each month, will be held at locations in the Far South, Central, or North areas.
- The VHA Helping Hands program is set to help all Villagers, from North to the Far South. Now you can donate to Helping Hands when you order from Amazon. Go to: amazon.com, Select “Get Started”, type in “VHA Helping Hands” in the search box to have 1/2% of your order total go to Helping Hands at no cost to you.
- The VHA will continue to provide programs to educate residents. One recent example was the update by Heather Long, COO, on the improvements made and those yet to happen at The Villages Hospital. In January we are featuring “Where Does the Money Go” (details on Page 3).
- The VHA will continue to support the Villages Public Safety Department in their quest to become an independent Fire District.
The Villages District Manager, Richard Baier has decided to RETIRE. I want to thank Mr. Baier for the exemplary job he did for The Villages. He and his team offered money saving plans, transparency of government workings, and most of all, always remembered the residents. I wish you the best, my friend.
Congratulations to Peter Russell, the newly-elected Executive Vice President of The VHA. I look forward to working with Peter.
President, The VHA