BOARD OF SUPERVISORS – VCDD 5 – SEAT 2
WHY I FEEL I’M QUALIFIED TO BE YOUR DISTRICT SUPERVISOR
- Full-time resident District 5 since 2007
- Current District Supervisor since 2013
- VHA Neighborhood Representative in the Village of Belvedere
- A graduate of Village Resident Academy
- Past member of The Villages Architectural Review Committee
- Member, past president and past assistant district governor of the Rotary Club of the Villages
- Extensive government experience as Superintendent of Public Works for the Village of Hamburg, NY for 27 years.
- Responsible for:
- Management of multimillion-dollar operation, maintenance, and capital budget
- Road maintenance and construction
- Solid waste management
- Building and parks maintenance
- Sewer and water lines maintenance and replacement
- Building inspection and code enforcement.
- Administer Engineering and Construction Contracts
WHAT I WANT TO CONTINUE TO ACCOMPLISH AS SUPERVISOR IN DISTRICT 5
- When Carol and I purchased our home in The Villages we were impressed with the beauty and cleanliness of the neighborhoods. Over the last 6 years as your District Supervisor, I have worked to maintain the safe, clean and well-maintained beauty of District 5.
- I will continue working to keep the cost of operating District 5 in line so that the maintenance assessment to the residents can continue to stay level or decrease as it has the last 10 years.
- Our auditors have reported District 5 to be in excellent financial condition with strong reserves available to deal with future long-term infrastructure demands and I will work to see that continue.