COVID-19 District Action Plan July 15, 2020 8 a.m. The safety of residents, guests, staff and visitors in The Villages® community continues to be of utmost importance to the District. As the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Florida Department of Health and Governor DeSantis on the prevention of COVID-19 continues to update, the District continues to modify our operations. Please continue to monitor www.DistrictGov.org and The Villages Recreation & Park News for the latest updates. District Administrative Offices located at 984 Old Mill Run The District Administrative Offices at Lake Sumter Landing remain open on an appointment-only basis. Appointments can be made by emailing or contacting the appropriate District Department. If you do not know which department to contact, please call the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508. Masks are required for all appointments at the District offices. There is a drop box available in the breezeway outside of the District office. If you need to drop off correspondence, please utilize the locked drop box. Recreation Centers & Activities To view a complete list of the activities and facilities, as well as the guidelines and restrictions for use, please click on the following link: Recreation & Park News
- All outdoor courts and swimming pools are open with limited capacity and social distancing guidelines in place
- Residents are encouraged to sanitize all outdoor equipment before and after using it
- All Resident Lifestyle Events remain canceled
- All Recreation Sponsored Events remain canceled
- Fitness Clubs will close effective Monday, July 20th
Other District Cancellations:
- CDD Orientation
- Resident Academy
- The Villages Public Safety Department
- Smoke detector changes
- CPR classes
District Board Meetings
- To comply with social distancing guidelines, all District Board meetings are being held at the Savannah Center.
- The Starter Shacks continue to remain cashless. To pay your Executive Trail Fees, please contact any Regional Recreation Center or the District Customer Service Center.
- Guests are temporarily not permitted to golf on the Executive Courses.
The District continues to utilize additional cleaning, sanitization and safety measures for the protection of residents, staff and guests. Some of the additional safety measures you may see throughout the community include
- Additional cleaning and disinfection
- Aerosol disinfection
- Social distancing measures including screens or added spacing between team members
We continue to encourage you to follow all guidance provided by the CDC as is relates to social distancing and individual responsibilities pertaining to personal preparedness. Please visit www.DistrictGov.org and ensure you are signed up to receive e-Notifications for the most up-to-date information.