As the chairman of the Auxiliary Foundation Board, it is my pleasure to inform you about the amazing work being done in our community and at our hospital thanks to our dedicated staff and board members. This past year of course has been even more challenging with so many of us not able to be out in the public as much as we would have liked. I am so very thankful to my fellow board members for adapting to and embracing new technology that would allow us to continue working seamlessly.
Together we have been able to accomplish so much:
- Our fund raising continues to grow every year. The virtual gala this year raised over $299,000 which is much more than anyone would have dreamed possible considering the Pandemic. This is especially true considering so many foundations have ceased to exist. Kudos to all of our staff for being daring to try something new and believing in us and making this technologically groundbreaking event a tremendous success.
- We are near completion of a major renovation of our thrift shop which is anticipated to double the amount of revenue of the existing facility.
- Through a joint effort with our hospital, we have turned around the public perception of The Foundation and our hospital. Two years ago, it seemed like daily we were receiving complaints from the community and now the patient stories and testimonials throughout the community are very positive.
- We have continued to develop our board to include new members who have diverse backgrounds and are rich in business and/or medical experience.
- We have updated internal systems to increase our efficiency, increase profitability of our thrift shop, gift shop and our cafe, and have also substantially enhanced our social media presence.
- Our auxiliary volunteers continued to serve our hospital through this horrible pandemic. So many thanks go out to our volunteers and chaplains who have comforted so many.
- We have had a wonderful beginning with our becoming a member of the UF Health family and look forward to so many exciting things in the near future to improve health care in our community.
The future is bright for our Foundation. We are looking forward to all that UF Health brings to us including a new hospital, and world class medicine. I am passing the torch effective July 1, 2021 to a very talented and energetic person. Welcome my friend Andre Nacaxe, Vice President of United Southern Bank. The Foundation could not be in better hands.
Finally, a giant thank you to our donors and supporters who have never left our side. You are truly appreciated.
Chairman of the Auxiliary Foundation